New Marshall

By 1915, the village had hired its first marshal, and the council was meeting in the basement of the new East Main Street school building.  Total assets of the village were listed as a road scraper, a wheel barrow, the marshal’s bicycle and a vacant lot which was to be the site of the town hall within the next nine years.